To us teamwork and building a good team is one of the BIGGEST components of success as a business. Teamwork means trust in each individual to uphold their part of the agreement to the best of their ability. It means communicating if there is a struggle or if you need input. It means relying on other people because those people alleviate some of your stress and together you carry the load.
These people can or cannot be your employees or independent contractors, maybe you work entirely solo and these teammates are other businesses you collaborate with or trade help/services with. Maybe it’s your board of advisors? Or maybe it’s simply a group of trusted friends and family members that care, are your clientele, and will give valuable input to help you be better. There’s no recipe here, but having support is truly essential to success because with our it, it’s hard to keep pounding the pavement and never give up.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
At PlanIt we think of success differently than most businesses because of the inclusive and positive culture that we build, and the culture that we try to help others build, is a component of success. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What else do we consider to be a part of success?
1. The ability to continue pursuing your passion and likewise staying passionate about what you’re pursuing⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Staying true to your values⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Contributing to your local community- whether that’s by providing free or discounted services/goods to those in need, volunteering, donating a % of sales, supporting fellow local and small businesses, etc.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Influencing your customer’s mindset. You have the ability to have a long lasting effect on your customer’s buying behavior, so use the power wisely and educate them ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Making a profit. At the end of the day we all have expenses and need to live. You need to make sure you value your time and skills as a professional enough that you can pay your bills and not feel constant stress. If you’re constantly stressed, your work, attitude, and health will suffer.
thanks for reading and as always, if you need help, contact us!